Hey Dude Shoes specializes in comfortable footwear, with shoes for men, women, and children. These shoes feature gorgeous designs that reflect the personality of their owners. They also sell insoles. Vegan insoles are not only comfortable but help improve foot health.
Hey Dude Shoes uses the best materials in their products.
Hey Dude Shoes uses the best materials to make their products. They feature a variety of leathers, fabrics, and even recycled materials.
- Flexwood is a name used to refer to many kinds of wood. It refers to the flexibility of the wood and its capacity to accept dyes from pigmentation. Hey Dude shoes use Flexwood in the uppers, and it is also used in saddles and airplane interiors. Traditionally, it comes from Africa.
- Many people these days don’t take care of their leather products because they view leather as old-fashioned. Everything from boots to bags is made out of recycled leather; at least a part of them when you look into it. Even if you buy something new, it’s well-made out of recycled leather. My view is that the older something gets, the more character it has!
- Hey Dude was manufactured using a material known as Cocosoul. This strong material was created by weaving together a natural fibrous string to create shoes of leather quality.
- As synthetic materials go, this is one of the most versatile. Much like genuine suede, it has a soft touch that makes it feel comfortable on the skin. But being synthetic, you don’t have to worry about staining or destroying its texture by washing. In addition, it’s also very durable and robust, which makes it a perfect material for outdoor shoes and accessories.
How to Clean Hey Dude Shoes in Six Easy Steps
- Clean the shoe. Use a flashlight to inspect the entire shoe for dirt. Wipe off this dirt with a rag dipped in warm water and soap. Please do not use too much water or soap, as it can leave marks on the leather.
- Rub in the polish evenly on your shoe. After five minutes, buff off the extra oil with a dry rag. It will clean and shine your shoes! It will also save you money on shoe cleaning supplies! If you have access to a buffer machine at your school, feel free to use it to keep your shoes gleaming.
- Polish carefully. Take your time and clean the entire surface of the shoe by hand. While working on it, use a soft, damp cloth to apply soap and buff it out. It will give your shoes a unique sheen that will make them stand out as soon as you step into a room. While polishing, keep in mind that you want to focus on the areas that are harder to reach (for example, the sides of the heel).
- Try to clean out all of the shoe’s interior with a sponge and some warm water on a rag or soft cloth if you have time. It will help keep your feet nice and comfortable even when it gets hot outside!
- After everything is dry, go around again one last time with your flashlight looking for small areas that look damaged or aren’t shiny enough. Treat any issues immediately before they begin to get worse.
- Always store your shoes properly. Use shoe trees, and place them in the original box if possible. This will ensure that they stay in good shape until you wear them again.
Can you wash Hey Dude’s shoes in the washing machine?
HEYDUDE state that you can clean canvas shoes in the washing machine. If they are muddy, wait until they are dry before cleaning. Then take out the removable insole (and laces if it’s a laced style) and pop into a cool wash on a slow or non-spin cycle in your washing machine.
How to Clean Hey Dude Shoes Using Washing Machine?
A lot of people have a hard time cleaning their shoes. It’s not easy to clean the inner sole or the heel. But you can use a washing machine to clean most of your shoes. There are a few simple steps you need to follow.
- The first step is removing the shoelaces and insoles. If you leave them in, they can get tangled up and ruin the machine.
- You should use liquid detergent to clean your hey Dude’s shoes. As you know, powdered detergent can irritate the skin and is not recommended for cleaning Hey Dude.
- Hey Dude is made of lightweight, breathable, and comfortable materials. They are more prone to shrinkage than jeans, so it is not good to wash them in hot water. Furthermore, the color may fade if they are washed in hot water.
- When you’re finished washing your shoes, let them dry outside. Please don’t put them in the dryer. You can put them outside overnight to dry.
How To Clean Suede Leather Hey Dude Shoes?
Although you can wash most of your shoes in the washing machine, you need to be careful. Suede leathers are not meant to be washed in the washing machine, or else they will get ruined. You need to take extra care when cleaning these types of shoes to preserve the unique texture and material of the shoe.
You can clean your suede shoes by cleaning them with a wet brush and mild detergent. A wet brush is a specially designed tool for cleaning suede shoes. It has tiny bristles that make cleaning easier. Gradually, you can also use a suede cleaner on them.
After scrubbing the stains, wipe them with a clean, soft cloth and let them dry naturally. Doing this helps to restore the natural luster of your shoes.
To keep your suede shoes clean and stain-free, you should spray them with a suede protector.
4 Ways How to Deodorize Hey Dude Shoes
No matter the type of shoe you wear, they’re bound to smell after a while. It’s completely normal. However, there are ways to keep your shoes smelling better for longer.
Put the Slip-ons in the Freezer
Shoes can smell. It’s a fact of life. When that problem arises, don’t despair! In the freezer, your shoes will be safe from bacteria and odor. If you put them in a plastic bag first, it will keep the freezer smell out. Place shoes in the freezer for a few days to make it work. It will eliminate any odor-causing bacteria.
Deodorizing With Baking Soda
Hey Dude shoes can be a bit stinky. Here’s how to keep them fresher longer. Put baking soda in the shoes and let it sit overnight. The following day, dump out the powder. Or, put the baking soda in a sachet, so you don’t have to worry about the powder spilling in your shoes.
Use Dryer Sheets
Do you have any dryer sheets lying around? Here’s a super helpful way to use them. Toss one in each shoe overnight, and you’ll wake up to fresh-smelling shoes! If you want the best results, use scented ones. Unscented sheets will work too, but they won’t smell as nice.
Rub the Inside with White Vinegar
You can also use white vinegar to remove odors from your shoe. It’s important not to pour it directly onto your shoe, however. Instead, dampen a cloth with the vinegar and wipe it along the inside of the shoe. You should avoid using balsamic or apple cider vinegar as both contain chemicals that stain your shoe. Do not rinse the shoes. Instead, let them air dry. The newspaper will absorb moisture and help with the drying process.
Tips On How to Reduce Hey Dude Shoe Odor
Shoe odor is a common problem for many people, but it doesn’t have to be. While several things can cause shoe odor, there are ways to combat it and ensure that your shoes are always fresh.
Sometimes the best way to combat shoe odor is to remove the shoes altogether, especially if they are old and worn out. If you want to keep the shoes you already have, though, here are some tips on how to reduce shoe odor.
- If you wear Hey Dude shoes, make sure you’re wearing socks. The socks will absorb the sweat instead of your shoes.
- Shoes can really smell after a long day at work. To keep them fresh, apply a deodorizing powder or spray after each wear.
- Shoes are like clothes — they need to be cleaned and dry after each use. Wearing the same pair of shoes two days in a row will make them stink.
- After every wear, it’s important to air out your shoes. If you don’t, they’ll smell bad.
- Make sure you dry your feet after showering or bathing.
- There are a few different materials that shoes are made out of. Leather is popular, but it’s also quite stiff and hot. Breathable materials like mesh and fabric are usually better for people’s feet.
Related Post: 6 Best Ways How to Clean White Crocs
Over time, you’ll notice that Hey Dude shoes can get dirty. It can easily be cleaned with regular washing. However, you won’t be able to return your shoes after washing them. The shoes are a unique and special product since every pair is custom-made.
So, when you clean your hey dude shoes, they won’t be covered by the Nudie Warranty terms anymore.
Here’s why it’s a bad idea to leave your shoes in direct sunlight. When the sun hits the ink directly, it can fade and look ugly. So keep them away from windows or mirrors.