Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Hamantaschen recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hamantaschen recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hamantaschen recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
Something that some of you may already understand is that by consuming the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. The foods that you get from these fast food places are usually foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nutrition. For this reason we are going to be going over the foods that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
Your health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating a lot of berries. The amount of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the primary reasons you should be eating berries. You will also find that berries have antioxidants which is not merely beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. You may also be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can also help to stop the degeneration of the cells.
Following some of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hamantaschen recipe. You can cook hamantaschen using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hamantaschen:
- Use of For the pastry:.
- Prepare 170 g (1 cup) of icing sugar.
- Get 2 of large egg yolks.
- Use 227 g (8 ounces) of unsalted butter at room temperature, in small pieces.
- Use of grated zest of 1 lemon.
- Provide 360 g (2 1/4 cups) of plain flour.
- Prepare dash of salt.
- Take 1 of large egg, beaten, for the glaze.
- Prepare of For the poppy seed filling:.
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- Provide 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of zest of ½ orange.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla pod, cut open and seeds scraped out.
- Prepare 1 cup of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need of juice of ½ lemon.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of brandy.
- Get of For the marzipan filling:.
- Use 100 g of ground almonds.
- Get 100 g of icing sugar, plus extra to dust.
- Use 2 of free-range egg yolks.
- Get 2 tbsp. of lemon juice.
Instructions to make Hamantaschen:
- To make the pastry, beat the icing sugar and the egg yolks in a food processor or with an electric mixer. Add the butter and lemon zest and beat to blend. Gradually add the flour and the salt, mixing until it forms a ball. Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for an hour or overnight..
- To make the marzipan, put the ground almonds, icing sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Mix with a spatula, gradually adding the lemon juice, until the marzipan is smooth with a doughy consistency. Form a ball or a long sausage shape on a surface liberally dusted with icing sugar, wrap in cling film and refrigerate..
- To make the poppy seed filling, grind the poppy seeds in a coffee grinder almost to a powder. Put the milk, sugar, vanilla seeds and the pod, and orange zest in a pan and bring to the boil. Fish out the vanilla pod and discard. Pour in the poppy seeds and raisins and turn the heat down so it just simmers. Stir every now and then and cook for about 15 minutes until almost all the liquid is absorbed and the poppy seeds thicken considerably. Add the lemon juice, the brandy and the butter, stir in and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the mix reaches thick, spreading consistency. Leave to cool..
- Each of the above amounts of filling is enough to fill all the cookies so if you’re making a mix, you’ll have quite a bit of leftover filling, which can easily be frozen. Otherwise halve the ingredients..
- When you’re ready to make the biscuits, bring the pastry to almost room temperature, otherwise it will be impossible to roll out..
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line at least 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (this amount makes 35 biscuits so you’ll probably need to re-use the sheets)..
- Roll out the dough to about 3mm thickness – if it’s too thick it will crack when folding the edges..
- Cut out circles with a 3 inch pastry cutter. Put a heaping teaspoon of the poppy seed filling or a blob of marzipan the size of a walnut in the centre of each. Brush the edges with the beaten egg and fold the sides to form a triangle..
- Brush the tops with beaten egg. Bake until golden and firm all the way through, about 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack..
Hamantaschen are triangle-shaped cookies that are made on the holiday of Purim. Hamantaschen dough is a lot like sugar cookie dough, but I've made a few changes to boost the flavor and make the dough less puffy and more crispy. Etemology aside, hamantaschen are undoubtedly the most popular food for this holiday. We combed through the Haaretz archive in search of our best, most classic recipes. Hamantaschen — und Milch Hamantasch (Plural Hamantaschen) ist ein süßes Gebäck der jüdischen Küche.
If you find this Hamantaschen recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.