Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we need to avoid them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods honestly do raise your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You were sure it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can actually induce brain waves. This helps improve your mental acuity while relaxing the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Go with these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to braised oxtail in red wine recipe. You can cook braised oxtail in red wine using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Oxtail in Red wine:
- Use of (more or less) 1kg Oxtail.
- You need 600 ml of red wine (I used Merlot).
- Take 300 ml of beef stock (premade or powder).
- Provide 4-5 of carrots chopped in chunks.
- Use 2-3 of chopped and peeled tomatoes.
- Take 1 of onion (I prefer red).
- Use of Oil.
- You need of Water -between 200ml and 500ml depending on the moisture the pot.
- Provide of Seasoning (garlic / parsley / salt and pepper).
- Provide of Spiced RICE.
- Get 2-4 cups of rice (depending on how many people will eat).
- Use 1/2 of Finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 of finely chopped carrot.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare of Water.
- Use of Fresh sides.
- Prepare 300 g of broccoli.
- Use of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Feta cheese.
- Provide of Cilantro.
- Use of Avocado.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Take of Lemon juice.
Instructions to make Braised Oxtail in Red wine:
- Fry and brown onions in a large pot with some oil.
- Add defrosted room temperature oxtail in the pot and fry until brown and set aside.
- Fry carrots, garlic and tomatoes for about a minute (you don't want it soft too soon).
- Add the oxtail back in the pot along with the red wine and beef stock as well as a handful of parsley..
- Cover the pot and turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3-4 hours slowly. Make sure to check on it every 40 min or so to prevent it from drying out. Add more water/stock (just bear in mind that stock is salty) I mix it 50/50 (half stock and half water ratio) to ensure that it's not too salty..
- You can always add more salt or seasoning but you can't take it out, and oxtail is not a dish for a gamble ;).
- For the spiced rice: fry together all ingredients in a pot with some oil until soft and fragrant. Add the rice last. And yes without water at first..
- Add water to rice and cover and cook over low heat until there's no more water left..
- Fresh sides: steam the broccoli until preferred tenderness and just before serving sprinkle a little salt/pepper and feta over..
- Salad: Chop avocado and cilantro together and add lemon juice and a drop or two of olive oil and mix..
- **this is only a guideline and cooking time may vary. Also, feel free to adjust the wine / garlic ratio and even add extra vegetables like celery and potatoes etc..
If you find this Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.