Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
One thing that some of you may already understand is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Its also wise to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are usually foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be consuming every day.
In terms of sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins as well as fish such as salmon. You will see that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Protein is important for your diet, however you don’t have to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. You should also trim off any extra fat that you find on the particular meats that you plan to eat.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these suggestions to heart. Also if you remove all the processed foods that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan recipe. To cook sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan you only need 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan:
- Provide of mixed raisins and sultanas.
- Use of liqueur, I use cherry brandy but any fruit liqueur will do..
- Get of finely chopped hazelnuts.
- Take of ground almonds.
- Take of all-purpose flour (plain) flour.
- Take of baking powder (not baking soda).
- Take of candid orange or mixed peel.
- You need of candied cherries finely chopped , optional.
- Take of soft butter.
- Use of caster ( superfine ) sugar.
- Prepare of or 1 large egg.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Take of Orange blossom or orange extract.
- Prepare of rum aroma (flavouring).
- Get of best German quark if you can get it , if not any quark will do but let it drain well in any case. If you can't get quark use mascarpone or any similar soft cheese.
- Use of or more marzipan, I use brandy marzipan ,but any will do , optional.
- Get of butter, melted for brushing.
- Get of icing sugar for dusting.
Steps to make Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan:
- Soak your raisins and sultanas in your chosen liqueur, set aside, for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a smallish bowl mix your flour and baking powder well. Add the chopped hazelnuts and the ground almond..
- Add the orange peel, cherries( if using ) and soaked sultanas and raisins without the soaking liqueur, set the liquid aside .Stir the flour/fruit and nut mixture thoroughly..
- In a larger bowl whisk the softened butter with the sugar, add the eggs whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the flavourings, vanilla,orange blossom and rum aroma. Then add the quark. Stir thoroughly..
- Add the flour/fruit and nut mixture to the butter/egg mixture a spoon at a time. Until almost all gone, pour in half of the soaking liquid, then add the remainder of the flour mixture ensuring it gets well combined..
- If it is to wet add a little extra flour.Flour a table or cake board and flatten the dough into a oval shape this dough is not pliable it is more loose but you can still get hold of it in one go ..
- If you are using the marzipan, roll it about little finger width size into a sausage shape that is almost as long as the oval shape and lay it onto the dough about two thirds up . Now roll the smaller top over the marzipan and fold onto the Lower part. Make sure the marzipan is folded in well or it may run .The loaf should be a little thicker at one end as it is meant to resemble a sleeping baby. Slightly curve the loaf . Carefully move onto your flat baking tray..
- Cover lightly with baking or parchment paper or use a thin silicone liner put into oven and bake for about 45 minutes..
- Immediately after the Stollen comes out of the oven brush it with the 2 tablespoons of butter all over and leave to cool. When cooled down dust with icing sugar ..
- This can be made up to about 6 -8 weeks ahead to achieve a so called ripening, if you do , wrap the Stollen securely into tinfoil and keep in a very cold room or space, we put it in the garage , but not the fridge, because of moist and odour from other food items.
- This Stollen is good to eat from day one of you like.
Vind stockafbeeldingen in HD voor Traditional German Christmas Cake Stollen Marzipan en miljoenen andere rechtenvrije stockfoto's, illustraties en vectoren in de Shutterstock-collectie. Elke dag worden duizenden nieuwe afbeeldingen van hoge kwaliteit toegevoegd. It tastes better if it has had time to age a little. If you want the Stollen ready for Christmas, you should try to make it four-five weeks before the holidays. Dresden Christmas Stollen Delicious traditional German dinner Sauerbraten – slowly stewed Celebration of the traditional German beer festival Oktoberfest.
If you find this Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.