Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Deep-fried Tofu with Thickened Mushroom Sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Deep-fried Tofu with Thickened Mushroom Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Deep-fried Tofu with Thickened Mushroom Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we ought to avoid them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super nourishing and good for you. Some foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Some grains are actually excellent for repelling bad moods. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full also which can actually help to improve your mood. Feeling starved can really make you feel terrible! These grains can help your mood elevate since it’s easy for your body to digest them. You digest them faster than other foods which can help boost your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to deep-fried tofu with thickened mushroom sauce recipe. You can have deep-fried tofu with thickened mushroom sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Deep-fried Tofu with Thickened Mushroom Sauce:
- Take 1 block of Silken tofu.
- Provide 50 grams of Enoki mushrooms.
- Take 50 grams of Shimeji mushrooms.
- Get 1 dash of Leeks or green onions (finely chopped).
- Get 1 of Katakuriko.
- Take 2 tsp of Katakuriko slurry (1:1 ratio of water to katakuriko).
- You need 1 of Yuzu pepper.
- Get of [A].
- Take 200 ml of Dashi stock.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
Instructions to make Deep-fried Tofu with Thickened Mushroom Sauce:
- Slice the stem end of the enoki mushrooms, cut in half and shred. Cut the stems off the shimeji mushrooms and shred as well..
- Put the ingredients listed under A into a pan. When the mixture comes to a boil, add the mushrooms from Step 1, simmer over medium heat for 1 minute, then add the katakuriko slurry to thicken. The mushroom sauce is done..
- Next, cut the block of tofu in half, sandwich between paper towels and leave for 5 minutes to drain excess moisture, then coat with katakuriko..
- Deep fry the tofu in medium-hot oil for 3 minutes and it's done (I fried the tofu in a small frying pan with about 1 cm of oil)..
- Pour the piping hot mushroom sauce and green onions over the fried tofu…. If you dissolve yuzu pepper paste in the sauce, it's absolutely terrific..
If you find this Deep-fried Tofu with Thickened Mushroom Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.