Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
In general, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, may boost your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to beat back depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly elevate your mood.
As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. You can cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Use of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- You need of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- Provide of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Provide of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- You need of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Get of poultry seasoning.
- You need of thyme, dryed.
- Get of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Get of whole garlic cloves.
- Provide of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Prepare of FOR SOUP.
- Provide of butter.
- Prepare of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Use of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Take of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- Provide of of garlic, minced.
- Use of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Use of bok choy, chopped.
- Take of thyme.
- Prepare of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Provide of lemon juice.
- Provide of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Take of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Provide of low sodium chicken broth.
Steps to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
The only way I like to make chicken soup IS with a left over chicken carcass. The roasting gives the soup a much better flavor however you really need to add a lot more seasonings including salt which I It makes a good stock but then why not just call it leftover roast chicken STOCK. Here, nine terrific soups to make with leftover chicken. From classic chicken noodle to fantastic a Vietnamese-inspired version, here are nine amazing soups that take advantage of leftover roast chicken. And while making roasted chicken is easy, you can also use a leftover rotisserie chicken for this soup.
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.