Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Quick Ground Turkey Shepard’s Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Quick Ground Turkey Shepard’s Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick Ground Turkey Shepard’s Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be extremely nourishing and good for you. There are several foods that basically can boost your moods when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at fighting back depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolks especially, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you improve your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Consume an egg and feel better!
So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to quick ground turkey shepard’s pie recipe. You can cook quick ground turkey shepard’s pie using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Quick Ground Turkey Shepard’s Pie :
- Get 2 pounds of ground turkey.
- Get of Olive oil.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 ounce) of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of frozen OR fresh cut green beans(you can also use frozen peas and carrots, I didn’t have them on hand).
- Get 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Mashed potatoes, prepared, about 4 servings.
- Prepare of Olive oil cooking spray.
- You need 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Steps to make Quick Ground Turkey Shepard’s Pie :
- In a large pot that has been heated with olive oil sauté your ground turkey until almost no pink remains……drain any excess liquid from pot……
- Add your chopped onion and minced garlic, sauté for several more minutes……..
- Now add your black pepper, ground sage and thyme leaves, cook for several more minutes……
- Add your white wine, heat on high heat until wine has been reduced by half……then lower heat to medium / low……
- Add into pot your can of chicken broth and cut green beans, bring to a boil for several minutes…….
- Reduce heat and add in your all purpose flour to pot, stirring until mixture is slightly thickened……remove from heat and set aside…….
- Place your ground turkey mixture into a large baking pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray…….
- Now place your prepared mashed potatoes all over ground turkey, spreading to make sure you completely cover the turkey mixture…….
- Now place your shredded cheddar cheese all over mashed potatoes……
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese has fully melted…….
- Let stand for about 10 minutes……
- Serve and enjoy !!.
If you find this Quick Ground Turkey Shepard’s Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.