Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Au Gratin Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Au Gratin Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health.
Many individuals do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food place. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are generally foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain healthy.
Your main meals should also include fish such as salmon or lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. You will recognize that salmon is additionally full of Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Now when you elect to have a steak for dinner one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you will require for the day. Additionally before cooking your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
For those of you who want to begin living a much healthier life the tips above can help you do that. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can find in any store is in addition not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to au gratin potatoes recipe. To make au gratin potatoes you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Au Gratin Potatoes:
- You need of Russet Potatoes cut apx. 1/4 in thick.
- Provide of yellow onion slices into half rings.
- Prepare of butter.
- Provide of salt.
- Get of garlic powder.
- You need of flower.
- Take of milk.
- You need of small bag shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- Use of parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Au Gratin Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9×13 glass baking dish..
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, garlic powder, and salt. Stir constantly for one minute..
- Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened..
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds..
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish and top with the onion slices. Then pour half the cheese mixture on top..
- Repeat step 5 with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (Or longer if you desire a crisper finish.).
- Set aside to rest for 15 min then it's ready to serve..
If you find this Au Gratin Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.