Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Some grains are truly excellent for fighting off bad moods. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are great at helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer also, which can help your mood too. Feeling hungry can actually bring you down! These grains can improve your mood since it’s not at all hard for your body to digest them. You digest these foods more quickly than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon brussel sprouts gratin recipe. You can have bacon brussel sprouts gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Use 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- Take 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Take 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Use 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- Provide 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Use 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- Get to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Steps to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
If you find this Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.