Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood.
For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are several foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these.
If you wish to fight depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all rich in omega-3 fats and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to carrot and potato gratin recipe. You can cook carrot and potato gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Get of onions, sliced (not diced).
- Take of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Use of carrots, sliced thin.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of butter.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper,.
- Use of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Dried thyme,.
- You need of corn starch.
- Take of shredded parm cheese.
- Use of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- Get of bread crumbs.
Steps to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. This crazy-good recipe for potatoes au gratin comes from my dear friend Kelly Santoro, and it's almost identical to the recipe I learned in culinary school. Add the sliced potato and halved baby carrots and bring to the boil. Add enough broth to come three-quarters of the way up vegetables. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe.
If you find this Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.