Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these.
Make a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given time. The more of it you have, the better you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a terrific source of protein.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha recipe. To cook cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha you only need 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha:
- You need of penne pasta.
- Provide of butter.
- Get of onion (thinly sliced).
- Provide of kabocha squash (bite size cut).
- Get of chicken breast.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of milk.
- Take of heavy whipping cream.
- Get of bay leaf.
- Get of chicken stock.
- You need of Italian cheese mix(mozzarella, provolone, cheddar).
- Provide of parmesan cheese.
- Get of bread crumbs.
- Provide of Salt.
- Get of Pepper.
- Get of Truffle salt (if you prefer).
Instructions to make Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha:
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Cook penne for al dente. After cooking, put the pasta into the 9 x 13 inch oven safe container..
- Pre heat oven 425F.
- In a microwave safe glass container, pour 1/2 inch of water and place in kabocha. Microwave for 3 minutes..
- In a large pan, medium heat, melt butter and add sliced onion until it gets clear, 5 minutes..
- Add flour to the pan and mix very well until you don’t see any flour..
- In the same pan, sauté chicken until it’s cooked and become white color, 5 minutes. (Chicken will be cooked more later). Add back the microwaved kabocha into the pan..
- Add milk and heavy whipping cream 200 ml at a time. After finishing pouring all the milk, add bay leaf and sliced chicken stock cube into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper..
- Pour ❼ into the 9 x 13 inch container (from ➊). Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle over with Italian cheese mix, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs..
- Bake it for 15 min at 425F until it’s golden brown like this!.
- Truffle salt is a great addition to this dish if you are feeling fancy!.
Cover pan with tight fitting lid to prevent film formation until sauce is to be used. Use on creamed and scalloped foods, sauces, gravies and in vegetable dips. Feel like adding something different to your fall repertoire? Start with kabocha squash, which is in many markets right now. Here, it's paired with ground chicken (ground turkey would work as well) and cooked in a sauce finished with a gluten-free potato starch slurry, which lends a silky thickness.
If you find this Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.