Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries" recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries" recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we should avoid them. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to eat. A number of foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, you may be astonished to learn, are terrific at fighting depression. You must be sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. Every time you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to raise your mood. This is because the B vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Eat some eggs to feel better!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet porkchops and savory potato "fries" recipe. You can cook sweet porkchops and savory potato "fries" using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries":
- You need of For Porkchops:.
- Provide of Thin sliced Pork Chops.
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic or powder/salt.
- Use 1 tablespoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground red pepper.
- Get of For the Potatoes:.
- Prepare 4 of medium potatoes or 2 large ones (Yukon gold are my favorite but any will work).
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic.
- Provide of Olive Oil.
- Take of Paprika.
- You need of Ground Cumin.
- Provide of ground Pepper.
Steps to make Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries":
- In a ziploc bag large enough to hold all of your porkchops, add Honey, Lemon juice and red wine vinegar and mix together until it is a consistent liquid. Add your porkchop seasonings, mix again, then add your porkchops. Squeeze out as much air as possible and let your porkchops marinate overnight..
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray it down with cooking spray and arrange your porkchops ontop. Pour some of the leftover marinade on each porkchop (dispose of most of it) and cover with another sheet of foil. Bake on 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes making sure to flip the porkchops halfway through..
- While porkchops are cooking, peel your potatoes and puncture them multiple times with a fork. Place the Potatoes on a microwave safe dish, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5-8 minutes..
- After the Potatoes have become somewhat soft, slice them up into evenly thick slices and add to a stovetop skillet with oil. Throw in your Minced garlic and mix. Then add your paproka, cumin and other seasonings to the Potatoes and mix again..
- Potatoes should be cooked on medium high heat in the skillet for about 5 minutes per side (or until the side touching the pan becomes crispy, then flip them over). Cook until potatoes are the desired crispness and let them settle..
- Remove porkchops from the oven, keeping the top layer of foil on for 5-10 minutes while it rests to insure porkchops do not dry out. Serve your porkchops and potatoes after they have cooled a bit and enjoy..
If you find this Sweet Porkchops and Savory Potato "Fries" recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.