Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood.
A lot of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were just expecting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while simultaneously calming the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you feel healthier. Now you know that green tea helps you to raise your moods also!
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to black bean and rice soup – slow cooker recipe. You can cook black bean and rice soup – slow cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Use of Black Bean Soup:.
- Prepare of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Take of large bell pepper, diced.
- Use of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Take of yellow onion, diced.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- Get of celery, diced.
- Prepare of salsa (whatever kind).
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Provide of ground cumin.
- You need of salt.
- Take of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- Provide of ground coriander, pepper.
- You need of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need of Rice:.
- Take of long grain rice.
- Get of unsalted vegetable broth.
Instructions to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
If you find this Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.